New Paradigm Biosciences (NPB), a Boston based spin-out company from MIT and UNC-Chapel Hill, is focused on the development of novel cancer immune-therapeutics using its proprietary platform. NPB‘s platform is based on innovative humanized mouse models complimented by pipeline of novel antibodies directed at unique immune-oncology targets. We are currently expanding our operations and seeking talented scientists to join a fast-paced early stage company culture focused on the design of cutting edge treatments for cancer that have a positive impact on patients.
In Vivo Cancer Pharmacologist
NPB is seeking a talented in vivo cancer pharmacologist to develop antibody based therapeutics using our next generation human immune oncology mouse models. We are looking for an innovative scientist with industry experience in immune-oncology. This is a fantastic opportunity for a motivated candidate to use their knowledge of pharmacology in immunology and oncology to impact the development of new therapeutic modalities.
The successful candidate will work closely with our drug development team to develop in vivo models, and protocols as well as evaluate antibody therapeutics.
Efficiently execute to increase the capacity and implement approaches and tools to enhance the function of our core in vivo platform to progress the NPB pipeline. This includes assessing in vivo pharmacological and efficacy of these potential antibody therapeutics.
Qualifications and required skills
- PhD in immunology or cancer pharmacology with 2+ years drug discovery experience with antibodies in a biopharmaceutical company.
- Experience with in vivo cancer pharmacology model development and execution using biologicals with xenograft and/or PDX models
- Experience with humanized mice preferred including work with primary immune cells and HSCs preferred
- Applicant should have an existing track record of productivity and should be comfortable working independently.
- Excellent record-keeping and communication skills both spoken and written are essential.
- Hands on experience with the isolation and analysis of primary cells and xenografts from mice by various techniques including but not limited to Flow Cytometry, MACS, histology, as well as detailed cellular analyses.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.